TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY (VALID IN SINGAPORE ONLY)
RINNAI HOLDINGS (PACIFIC) PTE LTD ("RHPPL") hereby warrants to the original retail purchaser (“you”) that its products, removable parts and accessories (“product”) are free from material defects in material, design and workmanship, under normal use in accordance with the operating instructions, for a period of 12 months from the date of warranty registration ("warranty period"), and pursuant to the following terms and conditions.
By registering and signing the warranty, you shall be deemed to have examined and inspected the product, agreed to and accepted the following terms and conditions of warranty: -
1. That the product conforms to the specifications and descriptions as set out in the marketing materials, labels and/or packaging of the product, in terms of its quality, make, model, and condition. and is fit for the purpose intended by you.
2. You confirm that the product has been shown to you by us, that you had inspected it. and the defects on the product (if any) have been brought to your attention.
3. Warranty becomes effective only after the product warranty card / e-warranty form has been duly completed and posted to us, together with a copy of the invoice, within 14 days from the date of delivery.
4. Warranty is only applicable to the original purchaser who bought the product from any authorised dealer.
5. The Customer portion of the warranty card duly stamped by the authorised dealer and duly completed, together with the original purchase receipt, must be produced upon request by our service personnel during the time of service or repair.
Repair / service charges for products without the above mentioned warranty card with the authorised dealer stamp and the original invoice shall be imposed accordingly.
6. This warranty shall be applicable for the product purchased in the Republic of Singapore only.
7. This warranty shall be valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase, save for the following appliances listed below and such other appliances as we may expressly notify you upon reply of your registered warranty card stated within.
(a) 60 months on Heater Element for Electric Instant Heater. Subject to transport and labour for parts exchange after 12 months
(b) 60 months on Heating Element and Tank for Storage Heater, Heat Exchange for Gas Heater. Subject to transport and labour for
parts exchange after 12 months warranty period
8. The undertaking and/or completion of repair / service of your Rinnai product by us shall in no circumstance extend this warranty which shall thereafter continue to apply only for the remaining period of this warranty.
9. This warranty shall be applicable to you as the purchaser of Rinnai product and shall in no circumstance be transferable to anyone who subsequently purchases, leases. or otherwise obtains the product from you, the original purchaser.
10. Our decision on all questions relating to complaints as a result of defects, either workmanship or materials, shall be conclusive and you shall agree to abide by such a decision.
11. We reserve the right at our option and absolute discretion to replace your Rinnai product, in lieu of repair, with a similar / upgraded model of an equivalent or prevailing value without further liability to you in relation to your Rinnai product and upon which replacement the remaining period of this warranty shall continue to apply to the replacement product.
12. Any unit or defective part which has been replaced shall become our property.
13. The terms and conditions of this warranty shall be contained exclusively in this document and no other representation terms and conditions or provisions either written or otherwise regardless of the origin of the same shall be accepted as either adding to or subtracting from these terms and conditions.
This Warranty shall be Subject to the following Exclusions:
14. Damage. defects and/or malfunctions resulting from dust, interference of foreign object, natural disaster, lightning, fire, water and/or liquid substances, exposure to sunlight, improper ventilation, drop from height. Inoperative I leaking batters, civil unrest, accident, theft and/or act of God;
15. Damage, defects and/or malfunctions caused by the use of improper electrical supply, improper installation, connections to other incompatible equipment. input voltage beyond specifications, use of incompatible batteries, misuse, improper use contrary to cautions / directions I instructions I specifications referred to in the operating manual, mishandling and/or consequential damage due to negligence and abuse;
16. Damage, defects and/or malfunctions caused by installation, repairs, alteration and/or modification by unauthorised service organisations or persons:
17. Commercial / industrial use of domestic models:
18. Defects or parts requiring replacement due to ordinary wear and tear, corrosion, rust or stains, scratches and/or dents on the casing or paintwork of the product;
19. Charging gas, gas refill, cleaning, reconditioning and/or lubrication:
20. Loss of any data, memory input and/or setting during operation and/or in the course of repair / service;
21.Installation, dismantling, demonstration or instruction on the usage of your Rinnai product:
22. Indirect, consequential and/or incidental damages; and
23. RHPPL reserves the right to charge for labour and transportation charges in the event that no technical fault is detected during service attendance under warranty, such as when:
the power plug is not fully plugged in, power switch is not turned on, or in the event of power failure :
there is inconsistent or low water inlet pressure, which may cause the water heater to produce inconsistent water temperature:
incorrect gas type and/or regulator was used, which may cause the burner to not light up;
incorrect positioning of the burner, which may cause irregular flame; and/or
incorrect battery size used and/or positioning of the battery, which may damage the product.
Note: Newly installed cooker may take some time to light up, as it needs to purge out all the air inside the appliance first.
24. When you cannot provide the sales receipt or purchase invoice.
25. You are not entitled to demand for repair / replacement I reduction in price / refund on your product if you:
damaged the product;
misused the product and caused the fault:
tried to repair it yourself, or by other unauthorised parties:
knew about the fault before you purchase the product: or
changed your mind and no longer wanted to product.
This Warranty shall be Deemed Invalid and Unenforceable if:
26. In our opinion, your Rinnai product has been tampered with (including the defacing / removal of serial numbers), altered and/or modified by unauthorised parties.
27. The warranty period has expired.